Finance & Admin Assistant
Closing on 01 / Sep / 2022 - After:
JOB TITLE : Finance & Admin Assistant
Report to Senior Finance Officer/ Finance Manager
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Execute administrative tasks and do follow-up of project accountancy, according to the finance manager’s indications and BFD procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep strict control over monetary resources.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain complete books of accounts, as per BFD’s Finance Operations Manual.
• Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance officer.
• Check all payment claims to ensure compliance with BFD’s policy & procedures, donor requirements, and Yemeni laws and regulations.
• Ensure that all payments are properly coded to be recorded against active grants and complete authorization of respective budget holders as per BFD’s thresholds of approval.
• Ensure that all financial transactions are supported by documents for disbursement of cash to suppliers, contractors, and beneficiaries.
• Ensure that all official letters and Payments with their supporting documents are signed and stamped with all required stamps.
• Assist the Finance Officer, Finance manager, and Internal Auditor to strengthen internal controls & controls environment.
• Assist Finance officer to ensure appropriate segregation of duties for each & every financial management task and transaction.
• Assist Finance officer to prepare Budget vs. Actual and any other requested reports.
• Monitor cash & bank flows on a daily basis and maintains close coordination with financial institutions to ensure smooth cash flows. Safeguard BFD cash from assessed/known risks.
• Ensure that expenses are paid and recorded based on the cost-sharing sheet.
• Ensure to update the exchange rate sheet for the foreign currencies based on the official bank exchange rates.
• Ensure that financial transactions are recorded based on the official exchange rate.
• Obtain the Bank statements from the bank on a monthly basis.
• Scan all completed financial transactions on a daily basis.
• Ensure that all vouchers are kept properly in both hard and soft copies.
• Maintain asset & liabilities monthly schedules & reconciliations& ensure that all balances are reconciled accounting system with justification for any balance if needed.
• Follow up with the Employees to reconcile their advances on a monthly basis.
• Assist the finance team during Internal or external audits, donor-specific audits, and any authorized third-party review of financial records.
• Reconcile the Petty cash on a monthly basis.
• Participate in Assets and Inventory physical count.
• Maintain a working relationship with BFD partners to ensure smooth financial implementation of projects.
• Undertake any training and professional development as and when required.
• Any other related duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting is required.
• Minimum of 1-year relevant experience.
• Knowledge of computerized accounting software
• Prior working experience with NGOs.
• Very Good communication and reporting skills in written and spoken English.
• Excellent in using Microsoft including (word, excel, power point and emails).
• Strong organizational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions
• Calm, listen rigorously, able to work under pressure and handle the stressful situation
• Team player, and able to work independently
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherece to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies