Hygiene Promotion Officer
Closing on 09/May/2023 - After:
JOB TITLE: Hygiene Promotion Officer
Report to: Project Officer
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Hygiene Promotion Officer reports to the Project Officer. S/He is responsible to coordinates all Hygiene Promotion activities according to implementation and monitoring of the entire hygiene promotion activities. Moreover, s/he will be responsible, for offering daily guidance, planning to the team at the area level, facilitating new Hygiene Promotion approaches, methodologies, and technologies, and representing BFD in hygiene promotion coordination meetings on the governorate level.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates all Hygiene Promotion activities according to implementation in the field.
- Capacity builds and supervises Field staff.
- Ensures adherence to BFD hygiene promotion technical guidelines and donor requirements in specific projects.
- Break down the annual operational plans for hygiene promotion into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans at area level
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Sets up a detailed implementation strategy for emerging emergency responses.
- Conduct continuous monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Give the staff timely updates on technical issues and feedback.
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of hygiene promotion activities
- At area level, take lead in conducting hygiene promotion related assessments including PDM etc in coordination with the M&E department.
- Monitor hygiene promotion activities, procurement and ensure there adhere to the implementation plan.
- Explore and work with different department to find effective hygiene promotion approaches including create success story etc.
- Advise the team on the most effective hygiene promotion approaches in respective areas.
- Offer daily guidance, planning to the hygiene promotion team at governorate level.
- Perform another task assigned by his/her supervisor.
Reporting and Documentation
- Compile hygiene promotion data from field and share with relevant teams.
- Prepare progress reports and other documents as required by the project manager.
- Manage hygiene promotion activities database at area level.
- Submits activity progress reports to supervisor according to established reporting schedule.
- Participates in Hygiene promotion coordination at governorate level and coordinates with all relevant hygiene promotion stakeholders.
- Coordinate to ensure that both hygiene promotion activities are implemented in a coordinated and integrated manner.
- Coordination with relevant stakeholders on governorate level to ensure effective programming and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in working as a Hygiene Promotion Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities.
- Able to travel to remote rural area including overnight staying.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Managing resources and achieving results
- Handling insecure environments
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Comply with all relevant BFD policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies