JOB TITLE: FFA Site Supervisor
Report To: Technical engineer /Project Officer
- Al Hudaydah Governorate (Al Marawi’ah, Alluheyah, and Zabid districts)
- Dhamar Governorate (Utmah, Wusab Al Ali, and Wusab As Safil districts)
- Amran Governorate (Maswar, Jabal Iyal Yazid, and Kharif districts)
- Al Jawf Governorate (Barat Al Anan, and Rajuzah districts)
Duration: 3 Months Renewable according to performance & budget
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
They are responsible for supervising the project activities, ensuring timely implementation, monitoring work progress, and complete the handover process, selecting the community committees at the location level, working closely with community stakeholders in the targeted districts. They are also responsible for community mobilization, selection, and identification of beneficiaries (families most vulnerable), supporting the beneficiaries in cash distribution sites.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In consultation with the project technical engineer and project officer, work with the community committee to register and verify targeted beneficiaries based on selection criteria.
- Participate in the assessment of community needs and resources and identify the community assets and infrastructure that need rehabilitation/construction/upgrading works and collection of baseline data to assist in project implementation.
- Provide the treated community with awareness and the orientation of the project details and conduct all contracts and agreement with communities.
- Supervision and observation of the implementation of all fieldwork related to community projects (rehabilitation/new build) according to the technical studies and timeline plans of work and according to BOQs for the project.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the community work at the field level.
- Undertake technical assessment, and ensure quality and accurate technical specifications are incorporated into the community projects’ designs.
- Understand all the project-related documents for each of the sites such as bill of quantities (BOQs), work plan, feasibility studies, monitoring and evaluation plan, and the procurement plan.
- Conduct site visits on a daily basis to follow up on progress in community work and guide the work.
- Identify general achievement of fieldwork and attendance of workers and establish regularly the daily list of cash-for-work beneficiaries by gender per week according to the actual work and submit them all to the engineer or the management of the project.
- Reports of achievement of daily, weekly, and closing to engineer and/or to project officer.
- Follow the agreed-on plan of action, implement the project to schedule, reporting any delays and deviations immediately.
- Support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories and document the project (Reports + pictures and video), in order to show the mechanism of the program.
- Any related tasks/duties assigned by the supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Civil engineering or relevant fields
- One to two years of experience in FFA or CFW projects.
- Must be from the targeted districts as well as have a good knowledge of the general context of the target areas and able to access and work in these districts in Al Hudyuda, Amran, Al Jawf and Dhamar governorates.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (eg beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members).
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential.
- A sense of creativity is essential.
- Demonstrated attention to activity tracking detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Talent for organizing and cataloging information is essential.
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Able to ensure quality delivery in a stressful environment, punctuality, and respect for rules and procedures, and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and building positive relationships with colleagues and supervisors.
- Ability to interact well with people and proven experience of building strong relationships with community members
- A confident, flexible, and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to work independently, to be proactive in working with others, a willingness and commitment to work long hours and/or over weekends, and to spend a considerable amount of time in remote field sites.
- Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety, and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values, and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies
How to Apply
- Priority will be given to candidates from targeted locations.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Deadline to send your application: before: 10 / Nov / 2021
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: