JOB TITLE: FSL Senior Project Officer
Report To: Project Manager
- Sana’a With field Visit
Duration: 3 Months Renewable according to performance & budget
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and support the FSL Project officers and field teams.
- Establish and develop linkages with WFP and other organizations to ensure quality programming and share lessons learned/best practices.
- To provide assistance and support to the Project Manager to track and monitor project progress against set objectives, timelines, and budgets promptly.
- Support timely and efficient program reporting, as per BFD and donor requirements.
- Contribute to the design of projects technically providing field-level insight, lessons learned case studies etcetera.
- Raise the profile of BFD as a key Food Aid stakeholder through strong implementation and solid technical capacity at the grassroots level.
- To provide assistance and support to the FFA & FFT Project Officers that ensures the success of the project.
- Assist in preparing the activities plan alongside the project manager.
- Collect and analyze project data, including preparation of graphs and visual data from field teams.
- Assist the Project Officers in following up the activities at the field level are in accordance with the plans.
- Assist in budget tracking and ensure that the teams’ requirements are based on the available sources and budget.
- Maintain safe and easy archiving mechanism of all project documents.
- Provide the project team with all data and updated information weekly, monthly, and when needed.
- Handle requests for information and data related to the assigned project.
- Support all project daily administrative activities.
- Support the circulation of relevant information, reports, memos, and any other related document as well as with the partners and other stakeholders.
- Conduct regular follow-up with the project officers and filed staff.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and workshops related to project activities.
- Attend meetings of the project partners and stakeholders where appropriate.
- Conducting evaluation, conformity, and technical and engineering review for field studies related to the establishment of infrastructure and various assets within the FSL projects.
- Supervising all procedures related to procurement, contracts, and tendering for tools and materials related to project activities implementation.
- Follow up all the logistical work to transport materials and tools to the worksites in the targeted areas of the program.
- Follow up on all activities related to field surveys and beneficiaries registration, and make the necessary planning and design to ensure proper performance in accordance with the program’s standards and policy, and to ensure compliance with accountability and transparency.
- Ensuring the activation of the accountability aspect towards the affected population, and working actively with the monitoring and evaluation team to provide appropriate responses related to the complaints and inquiries of the beneficiaries and the community.
Human Resource Management
- Assist the Project Manager to Conduct periodic reviews of staff performance in keeping with BFD performance management system to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork.
- Directly supervise project technical staff to ensure that the project is adequately supported in reaching project objectives and reporting requirements.
- Support the project manager to supervise and provide regular support to the FFA Technical Team, FFA & FFT Officers, FFA & FFT Site supervisors, etc.
- Ensure the capacity development and mentoring of staff.
- Perform assigned related tasks by the Project Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering, Environmental Science, or any other field relevant to development.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in FFA & FFT, food security, Livelihoods, agricultural, and business development work.
- Proven experience in integrating different components of resources management in line with community development, livelihood resiliency development;
- Previous experience with similar INGO/NGO projects will be an asset;
- Demonstrated understanding of the links between sustainable development, community development, social and gender issues;
- Experience with project development and results-based management methodologies is highly desired/required;
- Excellent analytical, writing, advocacy, presentation, and communications skills;
- Experience in program design, monitoring, and evaluation is an asset
- Good computer skills, particularly in Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- A sense of creativity is essential.
- Demonstrated attention to activity tracking detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Talent for organizing and cataloging information is essential.
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent language skills in English (writing, speaking, and reading) and in local languages.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values, and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis .
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The deadline to send your application: before 5 / Nov/ 2021. The application date may change based on fulfillment of the required qualifications or not.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the Button below: