FFT Project Assistant (2)
Closing on 30 Aug, 2022 - After:
JOB TITLE: FFT Project Assistant (2)
Report to: FFT Project Officer
LOCATION: (Amran, Hodaydah, Dhamar, Al-Mahwait)
Duration 3 Months renewable according to performance & budget
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The FFT Project Assistant will be responsible for identifying and analyzing the training needs in the targeted areas, designing, and planning the training programs and various project activities, supervising and monitoring the implementation, and developing the training programs and tools to support the achievement of project objectives. He will be also responsible for recording and providing inputs to beneficiaries, as well as ensuring timely and good-quality project implementation. He will work in the field to enhance community participation in the various project activities, coordinate and work to build a good relationship with local authorities, stakeholders, and other parties related to the implementation of the project in a manner that creates an appropriate work environment for the implementation of project activities. The FFT Project Assistant will work alongside with the team members and will be responsible for coordinating and creating connections between all project team members. He will prepare accurate and timely reports to be shared with the FFT Project Officer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and cooperate with local authorities and creating effective channels of communication in all phases of project implementation to serve the progress of the training process.
- Work with the local community to identify the target communities that align with the project criteria and identify an initial list of priority training needs, based on the needs of the local communities.
- Conduct a survey of the targeting areas, verify the suitability of the project activities to the needs in the targeted areas, and evaluate the living situation and food security situation and the applicability of the program criteria.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders at the level of governorates, targeted districts, government agencies related to the implementation of project activities and other organizations working in the field of project, in addition to the joint coordination and planning in order to improve the training process and avoid duplication of interventions and humanitarian services.
- Determine the training needs of the communities that are required by the labor market and contribute to improve livelihoods and the level of food security through the collection of primary data, market analysis, community consultations and needs analysis.
- Choose the training sites in each targeted community in coordination with the local authorities, relevant government agencies, and community leaders, and ensure that these centers are suitable to implement the training activities.
- Determine the needs of training activities for each training program, plan and manage the occupational safety procedures and measures, and select the most appropriate training methods to ensure the highest quality and effectiveness of training.
- Mobilize the targeted communities and create a sufficient awareness of the project and its objectives, activities, criteria for targeting areas, beneficiaries of the intervention and the different areas of intervention.
- Contribute to setting criteria for selecting the groups that will be targeted in collaboration with local authorities and community members to identify project beneficiaries in accordance with the project criteria.
- Supervise the establishment of community committees (CCs) in the targeting areas in accordance with the project standards and under the direct supervision of the local authorities.
- Design a comprehensive, time-bound and detailed supervision plan in accordance with the project strategy that includes the implementation of all project activities, and arrange them in a sequential manner so that objectives, content, means, activities and the time required for implementation are defined.
- Monitor and evaluate the outputs of the training programs and activities, with the support of the MEAL Department, and determine the extent to which the training objectives set for the training programs have been achieved and the extent to which the training is efficient in achieving this, and to determine the extent to which participants have benefited and gained practical experience and skills in the field of their specializations and also to raise reports to the project management about any deviation from the project plan defined for implementation.
- Measure the impact of the project on the beneficiaries in the short and long term and support the targeted households in maintaining the tools and starting work in the income-generating project in conjunction with other social roles.
- Fill out and maintain all project forms and records and submit them to the project management.
- Submit periodic reports on the results of the implementation of training programs, the progress made on all activities and works of the project and any other reports required for project management.
- Follow up, supervise and maintain constant communication with the training supervisors to know the extent of the commitment of the participants in the training programs to ensure the timely accomplishments according to the schedule and content of the training implemented by the trainers in accordance with the plans and standards set by the project management.
- Ensure that the locations selected for cash distribution are safe, appropriate and selected in coordination with local authorities and service providers, follow up on complaints and resolve issues that may occurred at distribution points.
- Follow up and document the project activities throughout the project period and generate the success stories of the project.
- Evaluate the performance of local trainers, and provide technical support to them to ensure the successful evaluation.
- Periodically raise any difficulties and challenges faced by the project to the project officer and contribute to the development of proposals and solutions that facilitate the implementation of project activities according to the agreed plan.
- Helping the participants during the training period by answering their questions and inquiries and address any problems that may occur in direct and permanent coordination with the supervisors of the training centers and community committees (CCs) in a manner that ensures the quality of performance.
- Implement of any tasks assigned by the project management.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in humanities, social sciences, economics, or any related field from a recognized educational institution.
- In minimum one year of experience in managing and coordinating the field projects in the field of FFT or related programs in the aspect of rural vocational training, food security, livelihoods, agriculture, and business development.
- Familiarity with the principles of humanitarian action.
- Familiarity with technical training, vocational training, life skills, and entrepreneurship programs.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Fluency in Arabic is required.
- Familiarity with the basics of measurement and evaluation, and readiness for evaluation and testing, and analysis of results.
- Innovation and presenting new ideas in the most successful teaching methods and the ability to positively use the technology.
- Mastering communication skills, whether written or verbal.
- Ability to employ educational methods and aids in a correct manner.
- Ability to successfully overcome with the challenges of the educational process.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks in order to achieve punctuality, the required quality.
- High skills in preparing and writing reports.
- The ability to use computer applications, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and social media platforms.
- Take the initiative, present ideas and focus on solutions.
- High skills in communication, persuasion and supervision.
- Ability to work with individuals and groups and lead the work team.
- Ability to provide appropriate solutions to problems and decision-making.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, handle stress, and work overtime.
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies
Females are encouraged to apply for this position