M&E Assistant (5)
Closing on 30 Aug, 2022 - After:
JOB TITLE: M&E Assistant (5)
Report to: MEAL Project Officer/ Project Manager
LOCATION: Al Hudaydah, Dhamar, Amran, Al Mahwit and Sa’ada Governorate
Duration: 5 Months renewable according to performance & budget
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
He/She will support the MEAL Officer to provide an efficient monitoring and accountability system. He/she will participate in the data and document collection and analysis, preparing all means of verification and reviewing all document forms and registry lists on regular basis, in addition to submitting daily, weekly and monthly reports and complaints logs to MEAL Officer. He/she has Monitoring and observation skills and field experience as well as a high level of attention to detail and effective organizational and communication skills (both written and interpersonal).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Project M&E coordination:
- Assist the MEAL officer in developing, implementing the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning system for the program, ensuring community participation.
- Assist the MEAL officer to establish coordination and information systems with project partners and key stakeholders, particularly those responsible for monitoring and evaluation
M&E capacity building:
- Actively participate in developing standardized MEAL tools for the project such as monitoring sheets; weekly/monthly progress analysis reports etc.
- Train the relevant project staff in the field of MEAL system, ensuring they use the required formats/sheets effectively as required and desired
- To assist MEAL Officer in carrying out accountability assessment for investigation about the types of Complaint Feedback Mechanism (CFM) channels that beneficiaries are preferred and conduct community consultations and engage with communities to ensure accountability.
- To assist MEAL Officer in the implementation of methodologies to consult communities on their preferences based on the operational context.
- Establish an effective functional system for complaints/feedback handling and response mechanisms at community level in the support of accountability Assistant.
- Ensure all CFM channels are putting in place and allowing the reception of feedback and complaints from beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for receiving beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints via MEAL activities, field visits and On site monitoring.
- Implement any required investigation process related to complaints and feedback findings.
- Information Management and Reporting:
- To assist MEAL Officer in preparing relevant data collection and monitoring tools as well as develop the database for storing data and information
- Update project database on regular basis by entering and processing relevant data on timely basis
- Collate and extract relevant information from the project database in a regular basis, ensuring information/data are available upon request.
- Ensure the availability of timely and high-quality reports (bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, final, assessments, PDMs, baseline and end line surveys reports) and other documentation as required.
- Maintain the archiving and documentation system of the quality unit.
Monitoring and Evaluation/Surveys:
- Maintain close coordination with MEAL Officer on Quality and Accountability issues.
- Conduct frequent field visit to monitor project activities, Assets, and FFT & livelihood Inputs against Quality Checklists and produce & share reports to MEAL Officer based on quality and accountability findings and incorporate inputs from project team in action agreed plan
- Actively participate in conducting Baseline survey, Market Assessment, Labor Market assessment, PDM, and End-line survey.
- Verify selected beneficiaries based on selection criteria.
- Conduct on-site distribution monitoring ODM/DDM to ensure that the process of distribution is taking place adequately and distribution sites will be selected for beneficiaries’ safety and accessibility, including separate locations for women where required, and minimizing travel distances. Women, the elderly and persons with disabilities will be prioritized in their entrance to the distribution site.
- Actively participate in action research and studies.
- Ensure reliable and regular archiving of projects’ MoVs and documents.
- Assist MEAL Officer to apply project evaluation
- Ensure the key learning’s are incorporated in upcoming plans and interventions.
- Record lessons learned and good practice case studies from reviews and evaluations and communicate them to the field team.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with entire team members of the organization, colleagues, members and external partners, supporters and stakeholders.
- Promote positive team environment between various teams and MEAL at field offices project staff in different locations.
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Building Foundation for Development (BFD). As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Building Foundation for Development’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
- Maintain a proper electronic and hard archiving system of all related MEAL documents with the assistance of the field staff and share closed files to relevant operations team members.
- Ensure frequent backup of the databases.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in the humanitarian work.
- Experience in FSL interventions, as well as Sphere and other humanitarian standards.
- Previous experience with Data entry, data cleaning and data analysis using KOBO, Ms. Excel and SPSS.
- Excellent in communication skills in both English and Arabic; ability to communicate strategically under pressure
- Excellent writer – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze M&E data
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with Word and Excel, PowerPoint a plus.
- Experience in communicating in a professional way with donors and other stakeholders in a politically and culturally sensitive environment
- Experience working in different cultural work environments.
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies
Females are encouraged to apply for this position