Field Documentation and Media Assistant (2)
Closing on 30 Aug, 2022 - After:
JOB TITLE: Field Documentation and Media Assistant (2)
Report to: Project S. Officer / Project Manager
LOCATION: (Al Hudaydah, Sa’ada, Amran)
Duration: 6 Months renewable according to performance & budget
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The position of Field Documentation and Media Assistant will be responsible for the maintenance of documents and make broad media coverage of news of project activities within the field. In Addition, will be responsible for providing advice and support to BFD/ project advocacy and campaigns, as well as Inputs to advocacy and events conceptualized and organized with a view to reaching wider audiences; to that end, concepts conceived and relevant materials developed and compiled. In addition, Overseeing and maintaining online outreach and produce information materials for public outreach.
Also, will be responsible for storage, Indexing, and retrieval of documents, maintaining the integrity of working documents, and updating documentation when revised. The Documentation Assistant will maintain systems for document storage and retrieval, responsible for document security and collecting information, documents, photos, and reports, from the field staff, arranging and archiving them, and raising them on a routine basis to the Foundation’s General Administration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Documentation & Reporting:
- Plan and implement communications components of BFD or project (FFA/FFT/LSP) and/or UN campaigns
- Inputs to advocacy and events conceptualized and organized with a view to reaching wider audiences; to that end, concepts conceived and relevant materials developed and compiled.
- Build communications partnerships and media alliances:
- Draft publications, brochures, fact sheets, and stories from the field to inform media and the general public on the work of BFD in the region, and its mandate and inter-linkages;
- Video producers hired and supervised to produce of relevant video material on the project’s work;
- Regular contributions to and advice provided on BFD materials, e.g. web site, reports, video productions, etc. to highlight regional/national initiatives and ensure visibility at the regional and international level;
- Maintained and expanded contacts with regional media; topics, background information, news-related developments, and coverage of interest to each identified.
- Organize field files and documents with a view to maintaining the office filing system in accordance with the Security Documentation and BFD’s Electronic filing system.
- Maintain the field’s documents archive, making sure files are properly stored and easily accessible; safekeeping of documents.
- Establish and maintain a records system of file movement within the field.
- Ensure document security in archiving.
- Make broad media coverage of news of project activities within the field.
- Send the required information materials to the Media Department of the Foundation’s General Administration.
- Keep all data and informational materials (stories, photos, videos, etc.) archived from project staff and beneficiaries, and assist in media drafting
- Document all project activities, success stories and make media coverage in the media, such as news sites, channels, and others.
- Prepare and designing various reports for the project, whether: prints or posts for social media.
- Edit and draft news content for all field project activities to be compatible with publishing on the foundation’s website as well as social networking pages.
- Interview beneficiaries and write success stories of the project.
- Collecting weekly and monthly reports from the field staff, and submitting them to the documentation and media assistant.
- Periodically electronic archiving, and periodically supplying files and data to the documentation and media assistant.
- Collecting information, documents, photos, Activity and Training records, Beneficiary selection processes, Distribution records, Insurance documents, monitoring reports, Final reports, and success stories from engineers and field staff, arranging and archiving them, and raising them on a routine basis to the Foundation’s General Administration.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, required; preferable in Communication or a relevant field (humanitarian assistance and/ or development, economics and management).
- High diploma in English from a well-knowing institution/university.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in, communications or documentation, project development, report writing, marketing or social media.
- Identify preferred requirements: Understanding of the principles of Core Humanitarian standards
- Language: Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
Work Skills & Abilities
- Skilled writer and synthesizer of diverse and complex information, helping teams generate new insights into their work, the needs of their country and the region, and how program impact can be scaled.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work with a high volume of documents in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to tailor language, tone, style, and format to match the audience.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills and ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders in a sensitive environment. S/he must be able to respond quickly to requests for information.
- Excellent data analytical skills and interpretation. S/he must have the ability to write clearly and concisely and have sound quantitative skills (managing, analyzing, and interpreting data).
- Proficiency with MS Office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in graphics programs (photoshop, and illustrator In Design)
- Broad knowledge and understanding of adaptation to UN Sustainable Development Goals and communities’ resilience would be a plus.
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and work long hours.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- A sense of creativity is essential.
- Demonstrated attention to activity tracking detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Talent for organizing and cataloging information is essential.
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Able to ensure quality delivery in a stressful environment, punctuality, and respect for rules and procedures, and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and building positive relationships with colleagues and supervisors.
- Ability to interact well with people and proven experience of building strong relationships with community members
- A confident, flexible, and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to work independently, to be proactive in working with others, a willingness and commitment to work long hours and/or over weekends, and to spend a considerable amount of time in remote field sites.
- Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety, and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherece to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies
Females are encouraged to apply for this position