Closing on 28 Aug, 2022 - After:
JOB TITLE: Field Monitor
Report to: Project Officer
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Field Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of the project and activities and adherence to logistics, and administration for work in the field. Under the supervision of the Project officer, he/she will assist in the implementation of the project activities, and follow routine data collection and reporting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the project team in the implementation of the project activities in the field.
- Supervise and monitor the field activities in the education to ensure the quality of the services provided
- Preparing and implementing a monthly and quarterly plan for the regular supervision field visits of targeted activities.
- Coordination with local authorities and related education offices in the related districts and governorates and participates in the authorities, and communities coordination meetings.
- Follow routine data collection and reporting; prepare weekly statistics of provided services in related schools.
- Follow up logistic supply and report for stationery for the related project warehouse, and targeted schools.
- Assist Project Manager in the facilitation of training for team members and Beneficiaries.
- Ensures that staff practice the standard procedures and protocols and follow up their performance in education activities.
- Follow-up of drug consumption and distribution compared to reported cases.
- Providing support to the project team in the integration of education activities with protection and other sectors
- Raising the actual needs of schools and education activities, after reviewing them and reporting them to the project manager
- Work together with the project officers on developing and tracking work plans for the activities in the field.
- Work together with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to ensure progress towards established indicators.
- Participate and lead needs assessment, analyze and organize data/information related to targeted schools.
- Participates in the negotiations with the local communities, government authorities, and leaders at the district level.
- Participates with the Project team, in monthly project review meetings to discuss the obstacle and challenges in schools, and follow up on the activities in the project.
- Ensure monthly regular updates (text, pictures, success stories from the field) to the project team in the Sana’a office.
- Notify the project management in the event of obstacles such as lack of discipline, follow-up of the required documents to complete the necessary procedures
- Commitment to career hierarchy and not to override the direct manager during raising or discussing obstacles or requirements from the field
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or its equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience working in the field
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Teams
- Show diplomacy, good communication, and good interpersonal skills.
- Able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities able to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Possess multi-cultural flexibility and experience
- Strong organizational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions
- Calm, listen rigorously, able to work under pressure and handle the stressful situation
- Team player, and able to work independently
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHs): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherece to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies