Females are encouraged to apply for this position
Closing on 10 / January / 2023 - After:
JOB TITLE : MEAL Officer
DEPARTMENT: MEAL Department (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
Report to MEAL Manager and Project Manager
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The MEAL Officer will be based in BFD’s Field Office and he/she will be responsible for ensuring quality and accountability standards are integrated into the regular MEAL day to day activities. He/She will be providing technical support in all health field monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys, and learning activities. He/She will provide technical support in all areas of monitoring and evaluation including field monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys, accountability, and learning activities. The MEAL Officer will work closely with the programs teams in conducting field monitoring, support capacity-building, and facilitate the collection of quality data. He/She will provide ongoing support in reviewing progress reports and documents. The MEAL Officer shall ensure sensitizing targeted beneficiaries about their rights, and conducting regular post-distribution monitoring activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop/update comprehensive MEAL plans for the project activities, indicators, Mean of verifications(MoVs) collection, field visits, and other MEAL tasks related to measuring the outcomes and outputs of the project.
- Support the project on all monitoring and evaluation needs across implementing areas. S/he will support the Projects Manager in ensuring timely and quality reporting.
- Design the required MEAL tools for the project including the indicators tracking tools, templates, checklists, and other tools as required.
- Provide program staff with the information and training to capture monitoring metrics regularly and efficiently.
- Weekly and monthly data entry of activities, statistics, and data received from the project activities.
- Ensure Feedback forms received regularly from the field are entered promptly into the database and ensure proper follow up until case closed.
- Ensure quality data collection from the field and review the data to identify incomplete and/or inconsistent information.
- Provide regular reports on feedback mechanism.
- Preparing weekly and monthly monitoring reports.
- conduct field monitoring visits to the project sites to assess progress, identify challenges, gather feedback from the beneficiaries and submit a detailed field visit report about the activities to the Senior MEAL officer along with the corrected actions.
- Compile and enter beneficiary and project information into databases from regularly collected.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting against the monthly indicator performance tracking table.
- Day to day follow-up of projects activities according to the M&E plan.
- Assist to develop MEAL tools, records and forms to capture and report project activities in accordance to logical framework, indicators, outputs, outcomes and goals
- Design success stories after communicating with the officers of the project and the field coordinators
- Implement BFD’s Complaints and Feedback Mechanism and ensure that BFD’s Accountability approach is mainstreamed in all of projects’ activities.
- Follow up using different complaint channels and ensure the correct use of complaints mechanism.
- Develop and follow-up the project reporting matrix in close coordination with the designated programs staff to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Conduct and supervise the data collection, analyzing, and quality check of data and activities implemented.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to the respective clusters’ data portals.
- As required, assisting in development and improvement of the technical supervision plans.
- Prepare the required monitoring checklists, and reflecting the key findings and follow-up issues of the field visits in a specific Field MEAL Report template and follow-up essential issues with concerned staff in a continuous process.
- Conduct monthly performance analysis and presentations.
- Prepare and process progress and delay indicators for the project on a monthly basis and work out suitable solutions.
- Record lessons learned and good practice case studies from reviews and evaluations and communicate them to field team
- Ensure reliable and regular archiving of projects’ MoVs and documents.
- Preparation and conduction of surveys, needs assessments, DDMs, PDMs, Baseline, End-line, etc.
- Support the field team meetings and compile/ follow-up on action-positive and timely feedback.
- Ensure all project staff understands and adhere to the project logical frame work, indicators and goals.
- Any other task as requested by direct supervisor
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in information technology, statistics, business administration, or other relevant discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation or other learning efforts is required.
- Good knowledge in health, nutrition and WASH projects, as well as Sphere and other humanitarian standards.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of project cycle management and M&E procedures.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office & Microsoft Office.
- Excellent English language skills and report writing and analysis skills.
- Strong experience in management of data collection and analysis tools
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and building positive relationships with colleagues and supervisors.
- Understanding of humanitarian programming and reporting.
- Previous experience of supervising staff.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherece to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies