Females are encouraged to apply for this position
Data Entry Assistant
Closing on 21 / January / 2023 - After:
JOB TITLE : Data Entry Assistant
DEPARTMENT: MEAL Department (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
Report to MEAL Manager and Project Manager
LOCATION: Marib governorate
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Data Entry Assistant is part of the MEAL team and responsible for data related to the project, preparation of data collection forms, entering data into the appropriate database software, conduct basic analysis and prepare internal reports. He will be responsible for providing an efficient support for data management and always ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data and reports.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Objective 1 : Data entry and checking:
- Develop and maintain a schedule of data entry for monthly/weekly reporting in close collaboration with MEAL Officer.
- Enter the data of provided services into a specific and validated database and check the quality of the data to be entered and inform immediate supervisor of any problems; report any problems that can affect data quality (accuracy, completeness, relevance, timeliness and clarity)
- Calculate the time needed for data entry and keep your immediate supervisor informed of its progress;
- Check any inconsistencies in the entered data;
- Closely coordinate and communicate with project field staff in case of any inconsistent figures/data coming in the report.
- Summarize the entered data in the form of a reporting template defined by the MEAL Officer.
Objective 2 : Analyse the data:
- Elaborate statistics tables, graphs and trends in admissions/discharges
- Sort and cross-check the data;
- Detect missing or redundant data and propose improvements.
Objective 3 : File the data:
- File all checked and received hard copies of reporting format in to archive
- Submit the data collected and reviewed into the relavent clusters forms/portals.
- Archive files and organize them properly, ensure files are documented according to standards
- Save the data entries regularly as well as the statistical results.
- Keep files by week/month/year stored into the computer with clear segregation (draft version, final versions)
- Regularly store/archive the final versions of reports validated by MEAL Officer into the online server;
Objective 4: Engage on other activities as required, assigned by the Supervisor
Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in excel.
- Experience in data management in NGO settings.
- Competence in writing reports in English and Arabic
- Good in English (written and spoken)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of BFD.
- Experience using KOBO and ODK, ONA and DHIS
- Competent in using Microsoft Office programs, Excel, and databases
- Analyzing data and report writing skills
- Able to analyze and interpret data and track project performance against its indicators
- working under pressure
- Organizing and prioritizing capacity
- Willing to work with a team.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherece to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies