Females are encouraged to apply for this position
RRM Project Officer
Closing on 31 / January / 2023 - After:
JOB TITLE : RRM Project Officer
Report to Project Manager
LOCATION: Sana’a with regular field visits to Al-Bayda, Dhamar and Marib governs
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The project officer for RRM is dedicated to be in charge of running all RRM activities and to ensure the project is on the right track, overseeing the implementation of RRM project stages. The PO has to ensure project implementation according to the required standards/specifications and corresponding timetable of the project with experience in project management and development, leadership skills and have strategic thinking skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure emergency (RRM) activities are carried out in accordance with the Sphere Minimum Standards and Humanitarian Charter in disaster response.
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with donor, cluster, concerned authorities, NGOs, UN agencies and other principles stakeholders.
- Represent RRM in meetings with government officials, cluster members in govern, other NGOs …etc. as required and ensure meeting of minutes to relevant actors.
- Ensure all personnel understand individual and collective responsibilities. Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents related to RRM.
- In collaboration with Field team and support staff, play a lead role in design and development RRM emergency project as required.
- Support in the development of contingency and RRM emergency response plans and managing any associated budgets, as appropriate.
- Closely monitor events in humanitarian issues, in order to update and adjust program activities and approaches, when necessary.
- Conduct regular reviews of progress towards indicators, lessons learned and challenges encountered aims to ensure the achievement of performance targets and adherence to technical standards.
- Ensure quality implementation of RRM at field level taking into consideration appropriate response modalities and the needs of the most vulnerable.
- Supervise on data gathering to prepare and submit the required reports for RRM project on the monthly basis for performance indicator, tracking tables, baseline and final evaluation reports and other commitments.
- Support development and monitoring of RRM emergency budgets and provide emergency field teams with regular updates on available budgets to guide implementation.
- Lead on the development on detailed implementation plan (DIP) activities and M&E data with the aim of improving existing approaches and identifying opportunities for innovation in RRM responses.
- Conduct rapid needs assessment reports using defined RRM format, and within established deadlines, providing clear operational recommendations.
- Review existing assessment tools and propose improvements/ adjustments to the Emergency Coordinator as necessary and in line with the RRM mandate.
- Participating in relevant coordination forums to share updates on the RRM (methodology, tools, results, operations, etc.)
- Following up with the Clusters and other inter-agency forums, on the recommendations produced by the RRM to increase coverage of needs (where gaps identified).
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability and Quality
- Liaise with BFD MEAL team Coordinator to check the RRM statistics, indicators, consolidate RRM activities analysis, and exchange with partners the data analysis results.
- Responsible for ensuring specific baselines/PDMs/Endline assessments are undertaken.
- Conduct regular follow-up with the project beneficiaries.
- Carry out real time evaluations to identify early any operational challenges and areas of improvement for ongoing cash projects.
- During monitoring visits to projects implemented activities, advise or support the RRM in managing records, files, folders, and other project documentations, as necessary.
- Accomplish all related tasks through ERP System.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality assistance.
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the program management or area office teams according to the needs.
- Comply all BFD’s policies (Safeguarding policy, Code of conduct, Child protection, Safety & Security policy.) and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Comply with BFD’s policies and practice with respect to BENFS protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of safeguarding.
Experience and Qualifications
- University degree (or comparable work experience) in a relevant field is required
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in the humanitarian work.
- Previous experience of supervising staff.
- Previous experience with similar projects related to RRM programs.
- Excellent in communication skills in both English and Arabic; ability to communicate strategically under pressure
- Excellent writer – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze M&E data
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions quickly and independently
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to represent the Agency in high level meetings with donors and local government
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with Word and Excel, PowerPoint a plus.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills, ability to listen, to organize and to present information, views and concepts in a concise, understandable and interesting way for a variety of audiences, both written and oral
- Good at facilitation and training skills
- Experience in communicating in a professional way with donors and other stakeholders in a politically and culturally sensitive environment
- Experience working in different cultural work environments & ability to perform tasks to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socio-economic, educational, ethnic and professional backgrounds
- Team player with outstanding personal attitude: especially sense of responsibility, diplomacy, concern for quality, result orientation
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherece to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies