Field Monitor Assistant
Closing on 14 / Mar / 2023 - After:
JOB TITLE : Field Monitor Assistant
Report to Senior Project Officer
LOCATION: Mustaba district -Hajjah Governorate
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement Education Project activities in Mustaba district in Hajjah Gov. under the direction of the Senior Project Officer.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders at the district level
- Assist in the selection and verification for teachers’ recruitment process as per the targeting approach and criteria. Make sure that beneficiary selection is done appropriately,
- Assist in conduct project’s assessments around the targeted schools, organize, support, and facilitate of the project activities implementation.
- Ensure that school bags, teacher bags, recreational kits are well received in the targeted schools, properly stocked; waybills signed and reported to project management,
- Ensure relevant induction is well provided to casuals and distributors.
- Assist in organizing district distributions, make sure all distributions are done timely and effective manner, ensure the safety and protection of staff, students and teachers.
- Follow-up the commitment and discipline of the teachers/volunteer teachers in the targeted schools in accordance with MoE guidelines and the donor, as well follow-up and provide the necessary support for the awareness/training program for students through the volunteer teachers
- Assist Project staff in organize, support, and facilitate training activities for Father and mother council, and classroom observations.
- Monitor the data collection methods and analyze information generated by teachers and FMCs,
- Ensure mainstreaming of crosscutting issues including: targeting, equality/gender, right based approach throughout the program;
- Ensure that the security plan and procedure is adhered to in all operations, including staff movements, etc.
- Receive any complaints relating to the work and targeted schools, as well as concerning the functioning of complaint mechanism.
- Ensure weekly updates (text, pictures, voices from the field) are provided to the project Office for updating the website,
- Actively participate when invited in monthly planning of project activities and report weekly achievements and constraints; and provide feedback accordingly,
- Participates on the local authorities, Education offices at the governate and district level, MOPIC, school administrators and inter-agency coordination meetings,
- Carry out any other relevant task to the position as requested by the Senior Project Officer.
Experience and Qualifications
- University degree in Education, Social Sciences or any relevant fields.
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience with INGOs/NGOs, including direct implementation of education programming.
- Significant experience leading or facilitating structured training sessions.
- Experience in working with formal school teachers.
- Ability to work diligently both independently and in a team setting.
- Previous experience in supervising teams.
- Commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email)
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherece to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies