Females are encouraged to apply for this position
Distribution Center Volunteer
JOB TITLE : Distribution Center Volunteer
Report to Distribution Center Supervisor
LOCATION: Al Hudaydah governorate
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
As a distribution center volunteer, you will assist the organization in providing essential goods and services to beneficiaries in need.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- – Receiving complaints from beneficiaries during the distribution process and reporting them to the supervisor or relevant staff.
- – Working on card matching and exchange process, ensuring that beneficiaries receive the correct items according to their cards.
- – Organizing the beneficiaries in order to facilitate the exchange process, maintaining order and safety at all times.
- – Supervising the disbursement process, checking the quality and quantity of items distributed and preventing fraud or misuse.
- – Following the organization’s principles and code of conduct, respecting the dignity and rights of beneficiaries and staff.
To be a distribution center volunteer, you should have:
- – A high school diploma or equivalent
- – A commitment to humanitarian values and principles
- – Good communication and interpersonal skills
- – Ability to work under pressure and in challenging environments
- – Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
As a distribution center volunteer, you will benefit from:
- – Gaining valuable experience in humanitarian work
- – Meeting like-minded professional volunteers from around the world
- – Helping communities in need to improve their quality of life
- – Being part of an organization that defends the rights of children and young people
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherece to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies