H&N Technical Senior Assistant
Closing on 23/May/2023 - After:
JOB TITLE: H&N Technical Senior Assistant
Report to: Project Officer
LOCATION: Al Hudaydah
Duration: 3 Months renewable according to budget and performance
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
He/ She will be responsible in overseeing the implementation of Health and Nutrition activities in filed and ensuring that the quality standards are met. He/She will also ensure effective implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of health and nutrition activities and he has at least 2 years of humanitarian experience. The H&N officer will conduct regular field visits to the filed to provide supportive supervision to the staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing and co-coordinating all field activites aspects of the health and Nutrition project .
- Active participation in activities on field level and ensure the project activities as per plans.
- Ensure coordination with project stakeholders (beneficiaries, communities, local governing authorities).
- Ensure report formats are used properly and all reports are submitted on time, followed up on, and finalized in a timely manner and support where issues arise to mentor and improve over time.
- Trained the project staff to the appropriate health & nutrition national standards.
- Provide direction on field team to achieve agreed activities and project objectives.
- Ensure that all project activities and trainings are both in line with ministry and local government requirements
- Regularly Field visits and given the staff on job training.
- Work closely with the field teams to determine the operational needs of the health and protection interventions.
- Maintain close contact and coordination with Governorate Health office (GHO) and District Health Office (DHO).
- Provide technical advice to the Project Teams, build the capacity of staff in project implementation
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress of health and nutration activites implementation against indicators are being followed as overall program management progress monitoring and of each project separately against project proposals and logical frameworks
- Inform H&N officer on activity progress and make recommendations for course correction if necessary.
- Follow up with pharmacists to closely monitor the drug disposal process, drug prescriptions and drug inventory.
- Ensure that health staff in facilities understand and implement the treatment guidelines and protocols recommended by MoPHP.
- Facilitates admission procedures for the patients that are referred from the destination Hospital in case of facing any problem, and do the regular follow up of the cases while admitted in the referral hospital and ensure that they are receiving good quality care.
- Ensure that BFD policies and procedures are adhered to adequately
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- DEPLOMA’s degree in related field or its equivalent (Medical , paramedical or Public Health ).
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in Health and Nutrition sector;
- Previous experience of supervising staff
- Have got training in Health& Nutration ( CMAM- IYCF )
- Excellent writer – ability to develop high quality reports
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions quickly and independently
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Excellent computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies