Closing on 31/August/2023 - After:
JOB TITLE: Project Assistant
Report to: Project Manager
Duration: 3 Months renewable according to budget and performance
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development – BFD :
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The role seeker will lead and have overall responsibility for the implementation of the action. He will provide essential support to the implementation and coordination of humanitarian projects. Working closely with the project team, the assistant will contribute to project planning, monitoring, and evaluation, ensuring effective and efficient project delivery. He will assist in the implementation of activities, provide administrative support, and contribute to reporting and documentation processes. The role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a passion for humanitarian work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of humanitarian projects, ensuring adherence to project objectives and timelines.
- Contribute to the development of project work plans, budgets, and procurement processes.
- Support the identification and selection of project beneficiaries, ensuring inclusivity and equitable distribution of resources.
- Assist in the coordination of project activities, including logistics, procurement, and distribution of supplies.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Collect, compile, and analyze data related to project activities, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in the preparation of project reports, progress updates, and other documentation as required.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of project databases and filing systems.
- Support the documentation of best practices, lessons learned, and case studies for knowledge sharing and future reference.
Communication and Coordination:
- Liaise with project stakeholders, including community members, partner organizations, and government agencies, fostering positive working relationships.
- Organize and participate in project meetings, workshops, and events, taking minutes and disseminating key information.
- Assisting the coordination of field visits and assessments, ensuring timely and accurate information collection.
- Support the communication and dissemination of project updates, success stories, and impact to internal and external audiences.
- Provide general administrative support to the project team, including scheduling meetings, arranging travel logistics, and managing project documentation.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of project budgets, ensuring compliance with financial guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain inventory records of project assets and supplies, coordinating procurement and distribution as needed.
- Assist in the organization of training sessions, workshops, and capacity-building activities for project staff and beneficiaries.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in humanitarian studies, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in [languages required].
- Proficiency in using project management software and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, standards, and best practices.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation processes and data analysis.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural and diverse team environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in challenging and rapidly changing contexts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Commitment to humanitarian values and principles, including neutrality, impartiality, and respect for diversity.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS):
BFD workers must adhere to Humanitarian standards the values and principles outlined in BFD policy – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the BFD Employee enforces policies on the Code of Conduct from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews will be conducted on rolling basis .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline to send your application: before: 31/ August/ 2023