Closing on 23/Oct/2023 - After:
JOB TITLE: Warehouse keeper
Report to: Logistics Officer
Duration: 3 Months Renewable according to budget and preformance
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development – BFD :
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
To handle receipt/dispatch/distribute and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with BFD and the WFP warehouse standards and established guidelines. He will ensure the efficient and effective management of inventory, maintain proper documentation, and collaborate with project team members to support the successful implementation of the GFD Project.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under responsibility of the GFD and the direct supervision of Logistics Offecer,field Officer/Assistants who is in charge of the FDPs/warehouse, the warehouse Keeper will perform the following tasks:
- Manage all stocks.
- Ensure proper identification of all received/issued commedities (quantity, quality, and delivery), and update the warehouse Register Ledger Book regularly for every receipt or issuance of goods without any delay.
- Ensure correct preparation of deliveries
- Adhere to BFD physical stock management requirements (organization, cleaning, ventilation)
- To ensure safekeeping both as to quality and quantity of materials assist in equipment and stock inventory when needed.
- Any other tasks assigned by GFD project management.
- Conduct daily physical inventory counts and report discrepancies to the concerned department during the distribution process
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain detailed records of all incoming shipments, including quantities, dates, and tracking numbers.
- Generate reports on inventory levels, distribution activities, and any discrepancies or damages.
- Provide regular updates on stock availability and assist in forecasting future inventory needs.
- Conduct regular physical inventory counts and reconcile discrepancies.
- Coordinate with the project team to identify and address any stock shortages or excesses.
- Monitor expiration dates and implement proper stock rotation techniques.
Safety and Compliance:
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines in the warehouse, ensuring a safe working environment for all staff.
- Comply with project policies, procedures, and regulations related to inventory management and distribution.
- Follow proper handling and storage protocols for hazardous materials and pests combacting.
- Collaborate with project team members, including project the distribution commttees during the distribution proess, to ensure proper implementation of project activities.
- Communicate effectively with team members to address any issues or concerns related to inventory or distribution.
Required Qualifications/ Qualifications and Skills:
- College Diploma or certificate in Logistics, Warehouse management or general administrative activities or relevant experience, in relation to warehouse management.
- At least one year of experience in the field of logistics and warehousing within the GFD project.
- Familiarity with inventory management systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in record-keeping.
- Physical stamina and ability to lift heavy objects, as required in a warehouse setting.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations applicable to warehouse operations.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS):
BFD workers must adhere to Humanitarian standards the values and principles outlined in BFD policy – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the BFD Employee enforces policies on the Code of Conduct from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews will be conducted on rolling basis .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline to send your application: before: 23/ Oct/ 2023