FFT Training Supervisor
Closing on 21/Dec/2023 - After:
JOB TITLE: FFT Training Supervisor
Report to: Project Officer
- Dhamar Governate: Wasabil Al-Safil District (Al-Athbut, Bani Hassam, Wadi Khashab, Qardan, Rub’ Al-Magharim, Bani Masoud)
- Amran Governate: Bani Sarim District (Bani Qais, Bani Malik, Fikra, Khiar, Bani Ghathema)
Duration: 3 Months renewable according to budget and performance
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development – BFD :
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The FFT Field Training Supervisor is responsible for supervising and managing all training programs and activities (cognitive skills, and technical skills) under the project officer’s supervision. Through designing, evaluating, and developing training programs and tools to support the achievement of project objectives. The field training supervisor directly supervises the local trainers and the training progress, overall coordination, and working to build a good relationship with stakeholders and entities related to the project in order to create an appropriate work environment for the implementation of the various project activities. As well as the Supervisor will assist in training the beneficiaries and community committees, preparing and documenting success stories based on the beneficiaries’ and private observations from the field.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effective coordination and cooperation with local authorities to facilitate project activities, building a strong partnership and relationship with government entities related to the implementation of project activities, and benefiting from the available expertise and skills in order to improve the training process and develop training plans and curricula.
- Participation with the local authority in the nomination of the targeted villages and districts that conform with the project’s criteria.
- Participate in identifying the needs of the training communities required by the labor market based on market analysis, community consultations, and needs analysis.
- Determining the training activities needs, including venues for holding training courses, and ensuring their suitability for implementing the training process, and monitoring the establishment of training groups.
- Participate in the implementation of the mobilization process and awareness of the target communities and follow up on the participants’ nomination for training programs in accordance with the specific targeting criteria.
- Supervising the establishment of community committees CCs for the targeted areas under the direct supervision of the local authority.
- Submit periodic reports on the results of the implementation of training programs, and the progress of all the project activities, and provide recommendations on programs and activities.
- Supervising the overall implementation of field programs and activities according to the schedule, content, and achievements of the training implemented by the trainers in accordance with the action plans and standards set by the project management.
- Follow up and document the project’s activities throughout the project period and prepare and document the project’s success stories.
- Designing a comprehensive supervisory plan in accordance with the project strategy that includes all project activities, and arranging them sequentially so that objectives, content, means, activities, and the time required for their implementation are defined.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of program outputs and training activities, with the support of the Monitoring and Evaluation Department (MEAL)
- Follow up with the participants and discuss them in the training steps continuously throughout the training period, finding solutions to the problems they face, and providing the participants with appropriate feedback.
- Monitoring the participants’ commitment to the training process by following up on the daily attendance and departure portfolios and including that in the reports and notes that reach the project management.
- Ensuring participants’ satisfaction and mobilization through regular outreach and follow-up by attending training sessions at the training venue whenever possible,
- Evaluate the performance of local trainers, and provide technical support to them to ensure a successful evaluation.
- Measure the progress level in educational levels and submit them to the project management periodically.
- Supervising the process of preparing lessons in an organized, integrated, and easy way for the participants.
- Follow up the books on the year’s work and tests and ensure the accuracy of the trainers’ assessment for the participants.
- Ensure a continuous channel of communication with the beneficiaries and other stakeholders (local authorities and ministries) with the project management.
- Guiding trainers on how to select and employ training activities in an appropriate and effective manner.
- Reviewing training modules to ensure the suitability of all training materials and following up closely on training plans.
- Implementation of any tasks assigned by the project management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A university degree in (disciplines of the Education College or any related humanities certificate) from a recognized educational institution.
- Previous experience in managing and coordinating field projects in the field of livelihoods and enhancing resilience.
- At least one year’s experience in supervising the implementation of field training for the FFT program or a related program in the field of rural vocational training.
- Familiarity with the principles of humanitarian action.
- Outstanding knowledge of learning theories and training methodologies.
- Familiarity with technical and vocational training programs.
- It is preferable that he is a resident of the target district and resides there permanently – and he is ready to work within the scope of the target field within the district.
Note: Since the training programs are targeted towards women, it is encouraged that applicants be female.
- Familiarity with the basics of measurement and evaluation, readiness for assessment and testing, and the ability to analyze results.
- Innovation and the ability to present new ideas in the most successful teaching methods and the positive use of technology.
- Mastery of communication skills, both written and oral.
- The ability to properly employ educational methods and tools.
- The ability to successfully face the challenges of the educational process.
- The ability to plan and manage multiple tasks, ensuring adherence to deadlines and required quality, and flexibility to overcome any problems in the course of implementation.
- Advanced skills in preparing and writing reports, and the ability to use computer programs, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and social media.
- Taking initiative, presenting ideas, and focusing on solutions.
- High skills in communication, persuasion, and supervision.
- The ability to work with individuals and groups and to develop a work team.
- The ability to provide appropriate solutions to problems and make decisions.
- The ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, withstand pressures, and work extra hours.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS):
BFD workers must adhere to Humanitarian standards the values and principles outlined in BFD policy – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the BFD Employee enforces policies on the Code of Conduct from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies
Females are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews will be conducted on rolling basis .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline to send your application: before: 21/ Dec/ 2023