FFT Training Supervisor
Closing on 21/Dec/2023 - After:
JOB TITLE: FFA Site Supervisor
Report to: Technical Engineer/Project Officer
- Dhamar Governate: (Utmah, Wasab Al-Safil)
- Taiz Governate: Shara’b Al-Rawnah District)
Duration: 3 Months renewable according to budget and performance
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development – BFD :
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
They are responsible for supervising project activities, ensuring timely implementation, monitoring work progress, completing the delivery process, selecting community committees at the site level, and working closely with stakeholders in the targeted areas. They are also responsible for mobilizing the community and participating in the selection and identification of beneficiaries (the most vulnerable families), forming work groups, overseeing beneficiary preparation, achieving productivity, determining the required workdays for each beneficiary, and supporting beneficiaries at cash distribution sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In consultation with the project technical engineer and project officer, work with the community committee to register and verify targeted beneficiaries based on selection criteria.
- Participate in the assessment of community needs and resources and identify the community assets and infrastructure that need rehabilitation/construction/upgrading works and collection of baseline data to assist in project implementation.
- Provide the treated community with awareness and the orientation of the project details and conduct all contracts and agreement with communities.
- Supervision and observation of the implementation of all fieldwork related to community projects (rehabilitation/build) according to the technical studies and timeline plans of work and according to BoQs for the project.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the community work at the field level.
- Undertake technical assessment and ensure quality and accurate technical specifications are incorporated into the community projects’ designs.
- Understand all the project-related documents for each of the sites such as bill of quantities (BOQs), work plan, feasibility studies, monitoring and evaluation plan, and procurement plan.
- Conduct site visits on a daily basis to follow up on progress in community work and guide the work.
- Identify general achievement of fieldwork and attendance of workers and establish regularly the daily list of cash-for-work beneficiaries by gender per week according to the actual work and submitted them all to the engineer or the management of the project.
- Reports of achievement of daily, weekly, and closing to Engineer and/or to Project Officer.
- Follow the agreed-on plan of action, implement the project to schedule, reporting any delays and deviations immediately.
- Support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories and Document of the project (Reports + pictures and video), to show the mechanism of the program.
- Any related tasks/duties assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Civil engineering or relevant fields
- One to two years of experience in FFA or CFW projects.
- Must be from the targeted districts as well as have a good knowledge of the general context of the target areas and able to access and work in these districts in Dhamar and Taiz governorates.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (eg beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members).
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is essential.
- A sense of creativity is essential.
- Demonstrated attention to activity tracking detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Talent for organizing and cataloging information is essential.
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS):
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD’s policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and policies and procedures
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline to send your application: before: 21/Dec./2023