Closing on 15/June/2023 - After:
JOB TITLE: Referral Assistant
Report to: Project Manager
LOCATION: Sana’a with multiple field visits
Duration: 3 Months renewable according to budget and performance
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Referral Assistant is responsible for referring patients to health facilities to ensure that they receive quality maternal and newborn health (MNH) services. In addition, the Referral Assistant will be responsible for processing and managing vouchers to ensure that patients can access the MNH services they need as well as will work closely with other members of the project team, including community midwives, health facility staff, and project manager, to ensure that the project’s goals and objectives are met.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure high quality of care at referral facilities through training, monitoring, and continuous engagement with providers and facility management.
- Coordinate with health facilities and service providers to ensure timely and quality service delivery.
- Support patients in accessing healthcare facilities by organizing transport, and facilitating the use of the vouchers to cover service fees as well as follow up the referral process with the beneficiaries.
- Assist in service data collection and monitor key project indicators like service utilization rates
- Ensures the referral system is running smoothly.
- Manages all incoming and outgoing referral processes
- Regularly updates the referral tools, train and supervise the field staff
- Conducts regular field visits to ensure the successful application of the referral system
- Ensure that the beneficiary complaint process is implemented and responds to case feedback and complaints and ensure services are provided to beneficiaries in a proper way
- Archiving all referral documents and keeping both soft and hard copies are accurate and correctly stored as well as categorizing and recording up-to-date data on referrals Ensure
- Facilitates admission procedures for the patients that are referred from the targeted villages in case of facing any problem, does regular follow-up of the cases while admitted in the referral hospital, and ensures that they are receiving good quality care.
- Provides a regularly updated database of referrals, including summarized information and preliminary analysis, to the project manager for project monitoring purposes
- Works closely with the Project Manager to analyze the referrals database for lessons to be learned and makes suggestions to improve the referral process
- Provide regular feedback on referrals to Voucher assistants
- Provide regular reporting (monthly, weekly, etc.) on overall activities to line manager.
- Contributing to donor reporting related on project activities.
- Maintain full confidentiality for all work-related information.
- Ensure that any issues in project implementation are communicated to the Management for timely follow-up and resolution.
- coordinating with relevant managers o adjust mechanisms and SOPs and ensure fraud prevention.
- Work within BFD’s recognized procedures in the areas of Finance, coordinating with support staff to ensure a high level of quality and transparency at every stage of the project.
- perform any additional duties and tasks as assigned by the supervisor/line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a health field is preferred or it’s equivalent
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in a similar context
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate strategically under pressure
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and excellent sense of organization
- Excellent writer – the ability to develop high-quality reports and accurately analyze data
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff
- Ability to represent the Agency in high-level meetings with donors and local government
- Good analytical skills
- Organization and ability to manage priorities;
- Proactive approach to identifying solutions;
- Flexibility and capacity to adapt to complex and changing contexts
- Familiar with the multicultural environment;
BFD doesn’t charge any fees for recruitment and doesn’t have any relationship with recruitment agencies
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews will be conducted on rolling basis .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline to send your application: before: 15 / June / 2023